Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussions    Brushes in PS CC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brushes in PS CC
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
I really don't like the Brushes interface in Photoshop CC. In my opinion, Not an improvement over CS6. Is there any way to select the old legacy version of Brushes in PS CC?

Posts: 420 | Location: greater detroit area | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
Could you be a little more specific?
Which version of Photoshop CC? (2018?, prior?)
Thx.

Posts: 1624 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm in the latest version. How do you know? It says 19.0.

Why did they have to break the brushes up in groups and only show one group of a half dozen at a time most of which you have no interest in?

Posts: 420 | Location: greater detroit area | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Rich,

Actually the current release is 19.1.2. You should update your working copy.

Brian

Posts: 1655 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
Rich,
Is this what you are looking for?

Go to the Brushes Panel >
Flyout menu >
Choose "Legacy Brushes

Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Actually, I was referring to the brush "interface" in CS6 where all of your brushes can be appended to one list and all opened as square icons at the same time. The legacy list of brushes in CC is fine but they display in that same format that is not as convenient, not an advancement, a setback. Is there any way to have them all together in one list as small square icons, like in CS6, I forgot what that view is called.

Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
I had to close CC and open CS6 to see what the view is called. OK. I like "Large Thumbnails". And as I said, I would prefer all my brushes in one interface like CS6. Is that possible in CC?

I do need an upgrade to a newer version of CC but how come regular Adobe updates didn't cover it?

Although I made the change to CC, they'll have to pry PS CS6 from my cold dead fingers if they want to take that away.

iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
You can view all the Brushes as
"little square icons" two ways.

First to see all of the old brushes appended,
do as I wrote above.

Then,
1. Go to the Brushes Settings panel >
The Tip Preview section displays brushes
as it has always done, as icons.

2. Go to the Brushes panel or Options Bar >
From the flyout menu >
Deselect "Brush Name" and "Brush Stroke" >
Leave "Brush Tip" selected
Expand open all of the folders to see just the icons.

I also once thought that CS6 was worth holding on to,
but as of right now, everything, and more, that I loved about
CS6 is in the present version of Photoshop CC 2018.
Adobe found a way to put back in all the good stuff of CS6,
they'd removed from it when this CC thing first began.

Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
OK, Chita, that worked and it's better. Thanks for showing me the secret handshake to do it.

iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
You’re welcome, Rich.
Happy to help.