Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussions    Google Classroom
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Google Classroom
 Login/Register

posted
Both myself and another person, on his own separate device, tried this procedure for uploading audio files both from the computer’s drive files and also from Google drive, but the file would not play. We both got the same error message, “There was a problem playing this audio file.” However, we did not get any alternative or solution to install, such as an optional player to install for playing.

I did install the Google app, but it made no difference, and I followed the procedure too. I know that the audio (.mp3) file works because I tested it. Please offer me a solution so that I don’t have to try another program and start all over again.

Here is a link to the given procedure that I could not make work:
https://brewsteracademyblogs.o...-google-classroom-2/

I hope someone has an answer to this issue for me.

Posts: 4 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 20, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Music Player for Google Drive works with an MP3 I have in my Google Drive, but you might get some good answers if gave us more information about what exactly you are trying to do and the device you are using.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3769 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Phyllis,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry if I left out important details. Both me and another person each on our own version of a Google Classroom and on each other's classroom to play an audio file that we each uploaded to the Google Classroom. We each uploaded a file to the classroom site, but neither of us could play the file, and we know that the files are good and simple as well.

Posts: 4 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 20, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Did you install the Music Player app? That should play MP3 files. If these are commercial files, there may be a DRM issue, i.e. locked to your identity and not shareable.

You might also try using a different browser. I have websites that work great in Safari but not Chrome and some that work better in Chrome than Safari. You could also try downloading the file and see if it will play on your computer.

—P M Evans

Posts: 3769 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phyllis,

This is no little program by some podunk company. It's a major deal with a lot of interest around the world - you should see the interest - it needs to work in all leading browsers, and Google has a responsibility to make a convenient fix so that it works right from the application page without providing a workaround or requiring users to jump through hoops to make their program work.

As for my file, I know that it works because I tested it in various environments. It may work in Google Drive, but why should you make students do that?!!

Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Things don't always work the way we'd like. Sometimes you have to bend a little and go at it from a different angle. Could be a browser problem (have you even tried a different browser?) or it could be a missing system component or something causing a conflict. It could even be something a simple as a preference setting.

Have you tried their help center?
https://support.google.com/edu...?hl=en#topic=6020277
They apparently had a problem with audio files a couple of years ago. Google may be a big company, but this is still free software. I learned when I was very young that you get what you pay for. That's why I use Macs, not Windows.

—P M Evans

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Phyllis. I will explore further.

- Jack