MacGroup iBBS
Comcast mail not working

This topic can be found at:
http://macgroup.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/549605442/m/3957090196

February 05, 2019, 11:01 PM
Nina
Comcast mail not working
For some reason my comcast mail has stopped working, I have not made any setting changes or updates today but it says there is a network error within the server when I try to get my mail on my computer. The deleted e-mails are there but nothing shows up in the inbox. Would really appreciate it if anyone has any ideas how to go about getting it back up and working again. Nothing has come through since about 10:30am. On my iPad when I go to the xfinity mail app is says "folder doesn't exist. Sync the folders and try again." Help please.
February 06, 2019, 09:50 AM
Brian Stone
I have the same problem occasionally. This is what fixes it for me. Do all steps in order.

Take note of the configuration of the (Modem & Router) lights before starting.

1. Unplug the power plug from the back of your Modem.
2. Unplug the power plug from the back of your Route. I you have a separate one.
3. Wait 2 minutes with them unplugged.
4. Reconnect the power cord to the Modem and wait
1-2 minutes for all of the lights to come back on as they were.
5. Reconnect the power to your router if using a separate one.

Refresh your inbox. This has worked for me for a long time. If for some reason it does not work you can call Comcast and have them do a remote reset of your modem.

Let us know what happens.

Brian
February 06, 2019, 10:18 AM
Chuck Reti
downdetector.com is showing many U.S. areas having Comcast email and internet outages this morning.
You can still have internet connectivity but have email issues with Comcast/Xfinity. Such service glitches with them are not at all rare (happens frequently with my wife's comcast mail). Most of the time, simply waiting it out for a few hours lets their network issues get worked out without user intervention, and suddenly, everything works again.
Beside's Brian's advice, but if do you have connectivity and not email, _sometimes_, going to Mail>Preferences>Accounts>Server Settings and re-entering your Comcast mail passwords might reconnect you to Comcast mail. This of course applies to desktop, mail app. since you're also showing issues on the iPad, then it's probably for sure a Comcast issue.
February 06, 2019, 01:41 PM
Nina
Thanks for your replies. After trying various options and getting no results I figured it was a Comcast problem. This am all seems to be working again. Funny thing is my husband was getting his e-mail, just not me. Again, thanks for the tips, really appreciate it.