Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussions    optimized iphone transfer to iMac
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

optimized iphone transfer to iMac
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
posted
I am using the most current version of photos on mojave. I have about a years worth of photos/video on my iphone that is using iCloud and set to optimize photos. I have an extremely large photos library on my desktop (migrated over from years of Aperture) and it is not part of iCloud library. I plugged my iphone into my computer with the usb port and chose to import all. Did the pictures come in full version to my desktop since my phone was set to optimize? Do the photos I take on the phone get optimized? or only the ones that show there from iCloud photos taken on my other devices (iPad etc). I'm concerned that by importing photos from my phone to the desktop and then deleting from phone I have lost access to the full version? thanks

Posts: 626 | Location: Farmington Hills, MI | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post