Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussions    screen shot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

screen shot
 Login/Register

Padawan
posted
Hi everyone!
iMAC (21.5 inches Mid 2010)
Mac OS Sierra Version 10.12.6

I need to know "how to" take a screen shot of a bank statement and "how to" send it to Groupon.
I have never used a screen shot before so I would appreciate your instructions.

Posts: 91 | Location: Royal Oak Michigan | Registered: June 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
You can make a screen shot two ways...

A) Hold down Shift+Command+3 together to capture an image of your entire desktop.

B) Hold down Shift+Command+4 together to allow you to just highlight a certain area. This will give you a tool (replacing the cursor) that you will Click and Drag. When you release, it will give you what you need as a file on your desktop.

I suggest you play with it a few times to get comfortable with this process.

Then you can attach the screen shot to an email you are sending to Groupon. Pretty simple!

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2115 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
The default file format for macOS screen shots is PNG (Portable Network Graphics). If the recipient can't open a .png image, they may want (or need) a JPEG (.jpg) instead. You can open up your screen shot in Preview, and Export a JPEG version. Also, the default file naming for screen shots is "Screen Shot <date> <time>". I usually rename ones I send out or post online to something more descriptive.

Posts: 1103 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post