Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussions    El Capitan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

El Capitan
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
Will Photoshop CS5 (and other CS5 apps) work with El Capitan?

Posts: 270 | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Gordon

Make a fresh Clone of your system on an extra hard drive, (make sure it is big enough).

Install El Capitan on the clone you just made. Make sure to do any updates.

Test it by booting your Mac from the clone and making sure that El Capitan works.

Do not run your email program.

If CS5 is already installed just work with it to make sure it's working correctly. If so you can then upgrade your Mac to El Cap.

This should do the trick.

Brian

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Brian Stone,

Posts: 1656 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
I've had no problem with CS5 Gordon, and I'm up to High Sierra. The only thing I've run into was the need to update Java with each system upgrade. Brian's suggestion is always a good plan.

I generally do system upgrades on my MacBook Air before upgrading my iMac, to test all of my software, but I also make a full, bootable backup of the MacBook first, just in case.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3776 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Phyllis and Brian. I'll follow your advice.

Posts: 270 | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post