Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussions    How can I search the drive I want to search?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How can I search the drive I want to search?
 Login/Register

iBBS Addict
Picture of Carol Goodell
posted
Hi,
I've decided to work on our 2016 Taxes (due October 16) right now rather than the Equifax security breach problem. I'm trying to open certain Text Edit documents from 2016 that are on my iMac Hard Drive. Unfortunately for me I only get 2 choices of drives and they are both iCloud which I never knowingly use. (see screen shot attached). How can I change the choice of Drive to search from iCloud to Macintosh HD? (I'd really like to search the Desktop but figure if I learn how to search Macintosh HD, I can get from there to Desktop.)

Thank you!

Warm Regards,
Carol

Posts: 1580 | Location: Bingham Farms, MI, USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
Finder>Preferences>>Sidebar
per image, check items (note "Devices")to be visible in Finder sidebar.

Sidebar prefs

Posts: 1105 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Hi Carol,

I would suggest rebooting as your first step.

Call me if that does not work.

Brian

Posts: 1656 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post