Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussions    Phishing scam email supposedly from Apple
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Phishing scam email supposedly from Apple
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
AIM: Online Status For hocachynikxxxxx
posted
Here's something to beware of. My wife, who never buys anything from the App store, received a realistic looking email supposedly from Apple, showing an invoice for a $50 purchase of a Clash of Clans in-app purchase from her iPhone. Not only doesnt she have an iPhone, she's never even seen the game Clash of Clans. At first she thought maybe I had purchased it ( I hadnt). It turned out to be a phishing scam. They wanted my wife to click on the link that said " If you didn't make this purchase, click here". Once there they would have asked for her Apple id, password and perhaps her credit card number. So beware of these kind of phishing scams and make sure everyone in your family knows about it.

Posts: 621 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
I get fake "Apple" mailings every few days now. Often they tell me that my iCloud account has been frozen, or my email exceeds some limit, and other imaginary issues, expressed in iffy English. Into the Junk folder they go. Sometimes I forward them, for whatever good it may do, to Apple's designated reporting addresses:
reportphishing@apple.com
spam@icloud.com
use "forward as attachment" from the Message menu.

Posts: 1103 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post