Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    where are imovie media files?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

where are imovie media files?
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
posted
In imovie 05 the media files were placed in a separate folder (called media) that I could locate and use in other projects as I liked. I cant seem to find the media files in imovie 06. Is there no longer a way to get to the media files directly?

Thanks

Posts: 626 | Location: Farmington Hills, MI | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Jamie
posted Hide Post
Dale,

Right click or Control Click on the project. Then choose Show Package Contents. It will show your media file.

Jamie

Posts: 554 | Location: West Bloomfield | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
You could directly get to those files in iMove 4, but since I iMovie 5 those files are securely packed away in the "XXX.iMovieProject" where search, etc., functions can't find them.

Control -click on "XXX.iMovieProject" and select "Show Package Contents." This will reveal several files and folders, among them, the Media folder with the files you are searching for.

HTH

Posts: 1631 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post