Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    Convert Itunes AAC to mp3
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Convert Itunes AAC to mp3
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted
My daughter's radio took a dump so I replaced it with JVC that actually accepts thumb drives. However the radio doesn't recognize AAC or M4 formats. Seems like it's stuck in the mp3 mode. How can I convert a track to mp3 from itunes?

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
Set your Import iTunes prefs to convert to MP3
Select the tracks in iTunes
Choose Create MP3 Version from the Advanced Menu

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6153 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
24 hour Terry to the rescue!

when I do that will I then have two libraries of say Abbey Road one AAC one MP3?

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
On my main playlist I now have two versions of the beatles abbey road (AAC and MPEG) . On my playlist
album Abbey Road it is only the AAC file as before

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
is there a way to sort MPEGs in the search criteria otherwise I'll have to drag each one to a new playlist album

Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
In the main playlist, enable Kind under View Options and then sort by Kind. Should still keep albums together so you can create new MP3 playlists.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3780 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
thanks that'll help

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
should I uncheck all the rest ?

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
got it,, I just search by MPEG files

Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
It will only do it for the songs you select.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6153 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post