Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    iPhoto question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhoto question
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of George Little
posted
I use my screen saver and it draws pictures from a folder called "Roll 58" I have no idea where "Roll 58" is located. It is not in my pictures folder and I am seeing pictures in my screen saver that I can't locate on my computer hard drive or in iPhoto. I suspect that something needs to be rebuilt but need some advice. Is there a way to rebuild iPhoto? Could this be a possible solution?

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.

Posts: 841 | Location: Farmington | Registered: March 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Chances are that "Roll 58" exists within iPhoto. To locate it, launch iPhoto - go up to the Menu/View/Film Rolls. The right side of your iPhoto window should now show all the photos within Rolls, including Roll 58. Check the photos in that roll to verify that is what you are seeing in your Screen Saver.

You can certainly change what your Screen Saver shows. Please, post any further questions that you may have.

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of George Little
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike, but I'm using iPhoto '08 and "View Film Roll" is not available.

Posts: 841 | Location: Farmington | Registered: March 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
First of all, I don't think that I would try rebuilding iPhoto. Chances are that your upgrading from a previous version transferred everything intact (though I can't be positive, because I haven't been there). Perhaps someone else may have some advice relating to that.

If all you want to do is change your Screen Saver to show other photos, you can certainly do that in the Screen Saver, within your System Preferences.

Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
George,

Did you resolve your issue? If not, I have a scheme that you can try to locate the photos from the roll - though a touch tedious.

Jedi Council Member
Picture of George Little
posted Hide Post
Mike- Never did find the illusive "Roll 58". I did however locate the pictures on a newer laptop that I'd loaded my files into via the Migration method. It just seems strange that the old laptop where the film roll was created has the problem and the newer laptop that the files were migrated to has the pictures??? I would be interested in your comments in any case.

Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know for sure, but here is what I suspect may have happened. At least it's my best guess.

When you updated your previous iPhoto version to iPhoto '08, it may have renamed the previous "Rolls" to something else (or, eliminated the Rolls reference all together), since iPhoto '08 doesn't have that feature. However, your Screen Saver still retained the OLD reference to Roll 58. So, it still showed those images, even though there was no longer a "Roll 58" in the new iPhoto Library.