Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    iphoto library large. can I split it to fit on dvd?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iphoto library large. can I split it to fit on dvd?
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
iphoto 08 library large 9.3 GB.
Can I split it to fit on 2 dvds some how?
Im upgrading to 09 and want to back it up.
Thanks
Kelly

Posts: 358 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Kelly:

Do you do regular backup? Also you could use an external hard drive. Worst case copy it to your desktop just so you have a second copy.

Toast says it will span CD's/DVD's if the disc is not large enough to hold all of a file.

Posts: 1644 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
i backed up my photos folder. I put them on my drive then import them into iphoto. I just imported all my 09 photos and honestly i didn't look till just now how big it was. my old iphoto libraries weren't this big and havent been a problem to back up.
I don't know if you saw my other post but I think i messed up and lost all my iphoto info.

Posts: 358 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
I found out that when you go the share then burn you select enough folders that the dvd can hold and when thats done you select the next batch and so on.