Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    how do I manage multiple mail accounts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how do I manage multiple mail accounts?
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
posted
Is it possible to have more than one address book synched together, kind of like how ical allows multiple calendars? My wife and I share an email account, but she uses it under her screen name and I use it under mine so some addresses end up on her book and some on mine (most are on both). Can I have a master list of all names on my sn..and a smaller subset on other sns? If I synch with isynch, will some of the names and pictures get lost? Can we synch all names and pictures and have different groups?

Thanks

Posts: 626 | Location: Farmington Hills, MI | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Linda
posted Hide Post
Dale,

What address book are you looking to use? Apple's? AOL?

When you say different screen names, do you mean "different users on the same computer" or do you mean screen names as in AOL and different screen names?

When you say iSync are you trying to sync across computers as well as users?

Do you have a Dot Mac account? Is it a family pack or do you share the same Dot Mac account?

More info please.

Linda

If you’re not completely appalled, you’re not paying attention.

Posts: 602 | Location: Birmingham, MI USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Im using apples address book, and MAIL application. Im using the same email address (through sbc/yahoo/ameritech) on two different apple sign in screen names. So when my wife logs in, she has some names in her mail address book and I have some on mine. and some overlap. I'd like to have all the names show up on my Address book (with pictures and info etc). She probably doesnt care if she has all the names on hers, but Id like to have one address that has the entire list. When she uses the account under her sn.. the names only get added to hers. and when I use it under mine. they only get added to mine. I have only one .mac account. Is there a way to synch it if we are both using separate log in names on the computer? do the group listings also get synched on isync?

thanks

Posts: 626 | Location: Farmington Hills, MI | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
You are really asking it to do something it's designed to avoid - mixing up multiple people's address books. You could probably do something by importing/exporting groups - maybe with Automater - but again, you're trying to force it to be something it's designed not to be.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post