Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    Garageband limits?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Garageband limits?
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
posted
I can't read music notes or play an instrument but I love to play with Garageband. So, I've created a symphony but the program will not allow me to go more than 94 measures or beyond 3 minutes 6 seconds. Is that the limit for the program? How can I write something that goes beyond that? thanks, Rick

Posts: 621 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
I have edited music in Garage Band that had a run time of over 28 minutes for use with an iPhoto slide show with no difficulty.

I just did some Google searching and it seems that Garage band has a measures limit of 999. So that would not seem to be the problem,

More information about your hardware and software versions, including OS X would be very helpful.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brian, I tried again with Garageband and I could exceed what I thought was a limit on the amount of music I could put in a song. But here's another question- when it comes time to ending a song, I cant find good music loops that sounds like it should be the ending notes. Any suggestions on where I can look to find music that sounds like it should end a song rather than just adjusting the sound to fade out? I'm using Garageband 2.0.

Posts: 621 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Try this link for Free GarageBand Loops.

I got this from Google by searching for this "Apple GarageBand Loops Free".

Google Link

Posts: 1658 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post