Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    iTunes>AirPort Express problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iTunes>AirPort Express problem
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted
iTunes connected with AirPort no problems before, but the first time I tried to connect with iTunes 8, I got this error message:

An error occurred while trying to connect to the remote speaker "----". An unknown error occurred (-3256).

Anyone know what this is?

I'm using wireless connection only

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arrakian,

- One Nation Under A Groove -

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of MaryG
posted Hide Post
According to Apple Support Forums, the problem is a firewall blocking UDP traffic...here's a link: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1496865�

Posts: 190 | Location: Shelby Township, Michigan | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mary. That link didn't work, but I found the cure here.

I'm so used to this board, I forget about Apple's Support system Smile

- One Nation Under A Groove -

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of MaryG
posted Hide Post
Thanks Arrakian for the correct link.

Posts: 190 | Location: Shelby Township, Michigan | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post