Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    Garage Band Limits
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Garage Band Limits
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted
I have a digital voice recording that's almost 2 hours long. I tried to use Garage Band to save it to an Audio file but it stops at 99 minutes. Does anyone have any suggestions on have to save something longer?

I'm not too worried about file size as this is only a mono recording, not stereo and it's a very low bit rate.

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

The only fish in a stream that just "go with the flow" are the dead ones

Posts: 1421 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
I don't understand - what is your source? Are you trying to convert some audio?

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
It's on a Digital Voice Recorder. I need to save the recording to a sound file.

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

Posts: 1421 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Check out Audio Hijack Pro. Capture length is limited only by drive space. Not free, but worth the money.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3781 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
What else do you have - QuickTime Pro, perhaps? If you have Toast, you might have CD Spin Doctor. If you have an iMic, you should have Final Vinyl.

You could always record it as two files and splice then together.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
Phyllis,

Audio Hijack worked out pretty well. Recording is over 2 1/2 hours long and the audio file ended up being less than 70 MBs. Would be nice if it were freeware considering that I'll probably never use it again, but I guess $32.00 won't kill me. Smile

========================