Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    How can we change name on iPod?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How can we change name on iPod?
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
posted
My son bought a used iPod and its working fine, updated with the songs from our itunes. But when the iPod mounts, its says "Bob Smith's iPod". How can we get rid of Bob Smith's name and replace it with my son's name?

Posts: 621 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Highlight it in the iTunes sidebar and rename it just like a playlist. Same way you'd rename a file.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3781 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
posted Hide Post
Darn ! I figured out the answer myself and before I could come back online to mention my brainstorm, you beat me to it. Phyllis, you're too quick !!! Thanks again.

Posts: 621 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
Well..... It IS from Apple! Big Grin

Posts: 1989 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Or just click on the name on the desktop and rename it.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post