Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    Video camera search
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Video camera search
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhea
posted
I'm looking for a new digital Videocam that uses SD cards, has an optical zoom and is medium priced. Any suggestions?

Rhea

Posts: 174 | Location: Oak Park MI USA | Registered: October 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Both Canon and Panasonic make excellent video cameras. I like Canon better but both are good.

Canon go here.........

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/.../consumer_camcorders

Posts: 1643 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhea
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brian. I only found 2 choices for the Panasonic and I was surprised to find that many of the consumer Canons were not HD, just wide screen.
still looking.

Posts: 174 | Location: Oak Park MI USA | Registered: October 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Rhea:

What price range are you looking at?

How are you defining wide screen and HD?

When I looked everything from the VIXIA HF R100 at $379.99 and above was 1920 x 1080.

Brian

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Brian Stone,

Posts: 1643 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhea
posted Hide Post
I settled on the vixia HFR20. I didn't need the 21 with more capacity because I just put the SD card into the slot of my macbook pro. I try not to have another cable around to misplace.

Thanks for your imput.