Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    iTunes 7 - various things
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iTunes 7 - various things
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted
Is anyone else having issues with iTunes 7? These are some of the things that do not work that well.

1) Album art:
It only found about 200 of my CDs, many are sold on iTunes that it did not find. Over 1/2 that it did find it put the wrong art, some were not even the right artist.

2) Gapless settings:
Nome of my many albums that are gapless were found to be gapless by iTunes. Is there any reason NOT to just select all my albums and mark them as gapless?

3) Podcast on my iPod:
Podcasts do not show up on my iPod within iTunes unless I make a playlist for them.
Also I am coming across podcasts that I can't copy over to my iPod unless I drag them to the playlist from the Finder.

Anyone else having any of these issues?

Posts: 2095 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
I understand that Apple is working to release an update to fix all of the problems. Gapless "seems" to be working on my nano, but I haven't really tested it.

Podcasts are a different ballgame. It apparently syncs everything (music & podcasts) or nothing. I finally had to go to total manual control. Before, I had just a bunch of podcasts that would update automatically, but I could add others by hand when I wanted them. Song lists were strictly manual. I just like it that way. Fiddling with settings, I've managed to wipe my nano twice. Hope they fix this soon.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3781 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
Am I blind,,,did the ratings stars disappear somewhere in INFO?

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Check the Options Tab.

quote:
Originally posted by janp:
Am I blind,,,did the ratings stars disappear somewhere in INFO?

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3781 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
wasn't it in the general tab before?

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Art P.
posted Hide Post
A friend of a friend contacted me about a issue he was having with his pre Intel iMac G5 (2gb Ram) importing/ripping CD's into iTunes 7. The imports used to go at 10x plus, now he is getting 2x or so at most.

I did a search at some of the Mac related info sites and the only answer I found was that if your iTunes Library has a large number of Playlists (his does) this slows down CD imports for some reason.

I suggested a possible work around of putting his playlists in folders by genre/topic (Jazz, Pop, R&B, Stuff I Like, Hot Songs, etc) but he didn't quite grasp my idea.

I am supposed to check out the situation soon in person to see if my idea works.

Anyone else have any issues with CD import speeds?

- - - -
Macs make life simple... (Sometimes!)

Posts: 641 | Location: Detroit, MI USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
Funny I have had some occurences when I burn a playlist, itunes 7 burns about 3/4 of the disc then I get an error message stating that disc failed to burn properly. The disc will actually play on another player. I called Apple and they had me eventually deleting my plist preference. That worked forr a bit then it started to do the same thing again.

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
iTunes 7 appears to be causing many problems for some folks. I've been fortunate that I haven't seen any, but I don't use a lot of the features, either.

Of course, by posting this I have just doomed my music library<g>.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post