Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    iDVD problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iDVD problem
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
posted
What would cause a slideshow produced in imovie and brought into iDVD to stop the DVD process at the point where it is supposed to encode the audio portion of the DVD? It previews fine and seems to encode everything else fine but stops at the same point when I try to encode the DVD material. I did another movie a few weeks back using similar themes, etc. with no problems encountered. I'm running OSX 10.4.6. on an imac flat panel with 768 MB of ram.

Posts: 832 | Location: PA | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
I noticed on the apple discussion board that other people are having the same issue and according to apple it could take overnight for iDVD to encode the audio, others say it will not work with MP3 formats and the audio must be converted to the AIFF format. How do I do that with select songs and can I then go back and do that in imovie or do I have to make the changes in itunes? It worked fine at encoding the last DVD I made using the same version of iDVD. I'm using all the latest versions of the ilife suite.

Posts: 832 | Location: PA | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
If the songs are in iTunes you can convert from there.
To convert to AIFF from within iTunes, first go to Preferences > Avanced tab > Importing tab > and set to "Import using AIFF Encoder."

Close Prefs and go back to Library.
Select the song and from Advanced menu, there should now be a selection to "Convert Selection to AIFF." A AIFF version of the song will be copied into your library. The AIFF file will be larger than the MP3 file and can be used with the iApps.

It may or may not be the apps fault. Usually if apps stop a process repeatedly at the same file, the file may have something in it that the app can't work with.

HTH

Posts: 1631 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post