Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    How to publish a web site on Comcast ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to publish a web site on Comcast ?
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
posted
I'd like to learn how to use iWeb to create and publish web pages on space I have available on Comcast. I've never used this space before and don't know what to put for Server address and Site name when trying to ftp. The iWeb tutorial shows a web site address like www.xxxxxx.com. So what is my web site address? I tried the Comcast site for answers to no avail. Thanks for the help. Rick

Posts: 621 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
I haven't published anything to comcast in a while, but the ftp server used to be upload.comcast.net. That doesn't seem to work anymore. The limited help I found directed me to the web interface for uploading files. https://publish.comcast.net

So, if they have disabled FTP access, then it looks like you will need to "publish to folder" in iWeb and use the Comcast web interface to upload the files.

Posts: 237 | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted Hide Post
I just logged onto mine (wow I haven't updated it in years!!)
Anyway here's how I have it setup in my FTP client

Posts: 2095 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post