Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    .me upgrade
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.me upgrade
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
posted
was hoping to get a little info before doing mobileme software install from .mac

I'm not sure I want all info synched. I have some computers with multiple users (wife, kids as users) how does the .me work when synching that.. Is mobileme only good if you want all info the same on all devices? what if my wife and I want separate icals and address book entries?

Is there a downside to mobileme vs .mac?

thanks

Posts: 626 | Location: Farmington Hills, MI | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
quote:
what if my wife and I want separate icals and address book entries

Use separate accounts (logins) for you and your wife. Each user has a separate iCal, Address Book, Mail, Preferences, and other things. Of course you also need separate me.com (was .mac) accounts for each of you. Check the family plan pricing if you have not already done so.

Posts: 1989 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
You have to set the MobileMe user up in system preferences, and it is different for each user. So if the three of you have separate user names on your computer, you could all sign on to MobileMe with the same logon (not a good idea as the sync data will be a mess) or with separate logons (but you will need multiple MobileMe accounts or the Family Pack).

You can choose categories to sync (keychains yes, calendars no, etc) but not the data within. If you and you wife will be synching data, you need separate accounts (again, individual or Family Pack).

There is no more .Mac. Your choice is MobileMe or nothing.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post