Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    Burning a iphoto slideshow help. & Toast Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burning a iphoto slideshow help. & Toast Question
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
ok I got my iphoto slide show done and went to share > sent to DVD. It took 7 hours and then gave me an error.
I am now doing it my old way exported to quicktime movie and am making a dvd with toast 6. Much less time in both steps and from what I'm reading much more reliable. Anyways my toast is old and was looking to up grade but am reading a lot of bad. Can you give me your thoughts or a different program to do it.
Thanks Kelly

Posts: 358 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
quote:
looking to up grade but am reading a lot of bad

What are you reading? Toast has always been great on a Mac. I currently have versions 8, 9 & 10 on my MacPro and they all work great. The reason for three versions is because some features that relate to working with TiVo files have been removed from the two most recent version of Toast.

Posts: 1643 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
I have found a consistent loss of resolution in 4:3 video "shared" from iPhoto to iDVD. Exporting to a movie and then building the DVD produces better results. Using iDVD or Toast does not seem to affect the result.

While we don't keep multiple versions of Toast on our machines, we still have Toast 6 on a PPC. Toast 10 brings certain improvements to burning Blue Ray content on DVD media and seems to work well on 10.6.

The only "bad" about Toast from my view is the relatively unimaginative DVD menu choices and lack of really good user manuals. David Pogue has not yet found one.

Posts: 1969 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
I'm still using Toast 6 Titanium on a PowerBook running 10.5.8. Works fine for my needs.

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
well great hearing all the good news.

One more question about toast.
can I burn my little ones dvd movies I bought they are trashing them and I'd like to make a copy. What version of toast does that? I don't think I can do it with toast 6 but I dont know much.

Posts: 358 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
MPAA does not believe in backup copies. However, Google and Mac the Ripper can be your friend.

Posts: 1969 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post