Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    iphoto issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iphoto issue
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Yvonne
posted
Well I seem to have a problem with my iphoto program on both my imac and my macbook. The imac has an extra issue. Today I took some pictures on my kodak digital camera. I then took the SD card and thought I would export them to iphoto. iphoto does launch when I put the SD card in the slot. Except in so doing this it tries to export the pictures and the program quits on me. I thought ok maybe it is something with the imac so I emailed the pictures to myself and tried it on my macbook. Still doing on there. Also I thought ok I will try to rebuild the iphoto picture library. Doing that the program quits when it tries to rebuild the thumb nails. This last thing I only did on the imac. I cant seem to locate the plist any idea where that is? And both machines have the latest lion and have gone thru the icloud upgrade. Any suggestions as to what I need to do? And yes I did go into time machine and tried to go back an hour to bring in the old library. Any ideas Frown

Oh yeah I did turn off photo sharing on both.

"Life begins when you leave your comfort zone"

Posts: 311 | Location: Redford, Mi | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Yvonne
posted Hide Post
Well I see I did mess this up slightly. I am trying to bring photos into iphoto. import not export. The program still quits and the rebuilding of the database didnt work.

Posts: 311 | Location: Redford, Mi | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Yvonne
posted Hide Post
I have solved this problem. I went into the Apple's support page. I swear if this board does not solve your problem they do. For those who have this issue I am sharing the solution. If you are running Lion, and the latest iphoto 9.2 and I am thinking it is for the icloud people. Might be wrong on that. This is a common issue. It seems that it has to do with the photo streaming end of things. I have it off so it is not that big a deal but if you have iphoto quitting on you when you try to import do a search for 3ivx uninstaller. Run this installer and it gets rid of files related to it. Then you should be able to run iphoto with no problems. It worked for me and now I am good to go. Smile

Jedi Knight
Picture of Yvonne
posted Hide Post
Also for anyone who might be having this issue there was an update for iphoto this week that fixes it. So run those updates.