Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    iTunes Limits
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iTunes Limits
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted
Those who don't like the limitations that Apple has built into iTunes may be interested in this Shareware item...

accessTunes

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

The only fish in a stream that just "go with the flow" are the dead ones

Posts: 1421 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
I see you were on a 'mission.' Smile
It is nice to know, though.

Posts: 1631 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
will this allow me to take my shuffle from one of my Mac to another mac(mine) without any problems?

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
I don't see how. It has nothing to do with iPods. it's all about sharing out music on a network.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
Depends upon what you want to do. I have my shuffle set to act as disk use. I have it set to NOT update anything automatically on my eMac. I place files on there manually. When I then plug it into my PB it asks me if I want to associate it with the PB and erase it and fill from that computer, and if I say "no" it dissappears from the Source list in iTunes, although it still appears in the Finder because I have alloted 100MB for other storage. If say "yes" it erases what is on the Shuffle, but does not put anything on because I have it set to only update automatically what I ask it to (which is nothing). What it actually says is, "The iPod ... Shuffle is linked to another iTunes music library. Do you want to change the link to this iTunes music library and replace all existing songs on this iPod with those from this library" .So it is not as flexible as a regular iPod (I have two) on which I can drag and drop from both computers onto either iPod when plugged in without erasing anything unless I want to delete. I can selectively drag anything I want to the Shuffle but when it plugs in to a different computer, it will erase what is there (except for the amount alloted to data which it preserves) from the first computer.

Posts: 2302 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
Sorry to stray Jack,,,but the bottom line Donna is that itunes will not allow you to use the shuffle as a carrying device to transfer music
from MY computers

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
No iPod should be able to allow you to transfer music via iTunes from one computer to another. That was the whole point behind the Digital Rights Management Agreement that is part of having an iTunes account. Otherwise you would be just like napster, limewire, etc. and we all know that is wrong (not to mention making our iPods act up in spaz mode).

Using an iPod to transfer data files from one machine to another is something completely different.

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2121 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
However with my regular iPods, I can place music manually on either of my iPods from any of my authorized computers without having to erase any of the music already there. i.e. I can ADD to the music already there without losing anything already present. (Actually most of my files are books on CD). But on my Shuffle, the Shuffle is erased automatically. The behaviour is different.

Posts: 2302 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post