Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    How do I mute the original sound in iMovie?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do I mute the original sound in iMovie?
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
posted
When using iMovie, what do I do if I want to import music and have that music play instead of the sound track (voices?) originally recorded on a portion of the project?

Posts: 621 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Rick:

See the private message I sent to you.

Brian Stone

Posts: 1658 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
What version of iMovie?

Posts: 1658 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
posted Hide Post
quote:
What version of iMovie?

Its tne newest version- iMovie 09, 8.0.6. Brian, sorry I havent been able to call you back but I'm on the road for a bit. Cam you give me written advice here? thanks, rick

Posts: 621 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
If it were me I would revert back to iMovie HD which actually let's you decide what you want to edit and how. You have a TimeLine that actually works. It is so simple there.

Maybe someone else has an idea of how to do what you want in iMovie 9.

Sorry I cannot help.

Brian Stone

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Linda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick:
When using iMovie, what do I do if I want to import music and have that music play instead of the sound track (voices?) originally recorded on a portion of the project?

Rick, click on the action wheel (a little gear-looking thing I've attached a screen shot) on the clip on which you want to mute the sound. Choose "Audio Adjustment" and move the slider to 0%.

If you select "all clips" then go to the action wheel, it will do this for all clips.

I would tell you to not switch to iMovie HD. iMove HD does destructive editing, the version you have does non-destructive editing. This version does let you decide what and how, as many times as you want Wink

To add audio, drag from your "media browser" iTunes, directly into the project viewer screen.

Linda

FYI, the "ducking" checkmark makes the main audio primary, and lowers the decibel level of the added soundtracks if it detects primary audio is present.

Gear

Posts: 602 | Location: Birmingham, MI USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post