Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    PC compatibe DVD?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PC compatibe DVD?
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
posted
I recently used iPhoto5 and iDVD5 to create a DVD slideshow for a friend of mine. In iDVD I first created a disk image then using Disk Utility created the final DVD. I sent it to a friend of mine who said he was not able to read the disc on his PC. He was however able to play the slideshow on his DVD player. Is there any reason the disc I created was not compatible with a PC, and if so, is there something I can do about it? I'm using an iMac and OS X 10.4.3. Thanks. rick

Posts: 621 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
What kind of media did you use? How old is his DVD player? Older DVD players have problems with home-burned disks (as do very inexpensive players). Also, some media work better than others in different players.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
posted Hide Post
How embarassing it is to me to finally realize the answer to this question. My friend with the PC had an older computer that can only read CD's NOT DVD's. So thats why he couldn't read what I sent him. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Posts: 621 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post