Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    burning Music
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

burning Music
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
itunes 6.0.4

I checked that window Art and had the same checks
as Art
Jack what does yours say? Is it unchecked or checked?

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
I just did what Jack did,,,burned a new playlist (with box unchecked) and no difference ,,,same result of track 1 etc.

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
I have that box checked too. Since it's part of the import options, it shouldn't affect output.

I am also using 6.04.

If you just insert the CD and open it in the finder, do the songs have the proper names? Mine have the track number and name on them.

You do have "audio cd" selected under "burning" in the advanced options, right?

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
My experience is the same as Jack's.
iTunes (and way back when, Apple Audio Player)
remembers every CD playlist I burn or type in, no
matter the origin.
iTunes will remember the playlist if a CD is inserted,
displays Track 1, Track 2, etc., and I change the Tracks
to the song titles and reinsert this CD months later.
So, I'm thinking a file is corrupt somewhere.

I did find this on the Apple site, maybe it's a starting point...
HTH.

How iTunes remembers audio CD's

Posts: 1631 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
I'll read it ASAP but I'll try to be at the meeting and hopefully the genius people will help me get this straightened out

thanks

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
Now this gets strange,,

I burned a playlist from my Imac and it recognized it on the Imac,,,,put the CD in the PB and it did NOT recognize the CD playlist names

the plot thickens

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Well, it won't. Reading the article Chita found, the CD info is kept in a database in your user library directory on the machine you burned it on. There's no way for the PB to have that info. if you manually enter the info, it should recognize it thereafter.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
but why won't my PB burned CDs be read by the PB itunes?

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
May be something damaged in the db file mentioned in the article. Try moving it to the desktop and burning another CD, see if that one "sticks".

===

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
I found the file and put it in the trash ,,,will itunes generate a new one?

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Well, I don't know...that's why I didn't say to trash it! Pull it out if you haven't emptied the trash and put it on your desktop, then try another CD.

===

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
maybe I should copy the one off the Imac and reinsert it into preferences

by the way itunes did not replicate it after restart

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Did you quit iTunes and restart it after moving the cd database file?

It might be worth a try putting the iMac file on the PowerBook.

===

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
TOUCHDOWN!!!

I replaced the file and burned a disc and behold the titles showed up

how does that file get corrupt?

I even ran disc utilities /permissions to no avail

guys thanks for the help

iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by janp:
...how does that file get corrupt?
I even ran disc utilities /permissions to no avail...

A file may be corrupted by any of many scenarios. Often, an I/O operation is interrupted in some fashion. Sometimes it is a random cosmic ray hit. Sometimes it is a dirty spot which becomes burnished clean after the error in writing. Most often it is a power glitch of some kind during a write operaiton.

UPSs are your friend.
==================
Repairing permissions and Verifying/Pepairing a disk will only affect
1. Permissions on system files and applications, mostly in response to the Package files on the system.
2. Directory/allocation tables for files and pieces of files.

Neither affect the contents of files.

Posts: 1989 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post