Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    iphoto/mail problem?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iphoto/mail problem?
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
posted
I'm running the latest versions of OSX and iphoto on an intel macbook and seem to have something strange happening. When in iphoto, I've selected a few photos I want to e-mail, choosing the size I want, but when I select compose and mail opens, the photos will only import into mail at the small size. I've tried restarting my computer and deleting the ilife pref file, but it hasn't made a difference. This has not happened before. Would really appreciate some suggestions on how to get it to work correctly. In mail the photo sizing options have everything but the small size grayed out. Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Posts: 832 | Location: PA | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Not sure why you're being restricted, but try starting in Mail and opening the Photo Browser (if you haven't changed the default toolbar, it will be at the top right of your new message). Select the photos that way and see if you can set the correct sizes.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
I tried that right after I sent out the query on the iBBS and it worked fine. Not sure why it's not working the other way but at least I can still get them sized the way I want through mail.

Posts: 832 | Location: PA | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Linda
posted Hide Post
Nina,

What is the original file size? You cannot mail a small file as large, it will stay small.

On export what file size is large giving to you compared to small?

Linda

If you’re not completely appalled, you’re not paying attention.

Posts: 602 | Location: Birmingham, MI USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post