Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    pdf's aa iweb attachement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pdf's aa iweb attachement
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted
I need to attach a pdf in Iweb ,,,how is that done?

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
This is not a real "answer," but thought some folks might like to see a very nice "clean" site done with iWeb (confirmed by looking at the web address & source code).

There are some pdf links on the Welcome page, but I don't have iWeb, so can't tell you the process.

http://web.mac.com/strode/iWeb/AGO_Ann_Arbor/Welcome.html

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2074 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Jamie
posted Hide Post
When you say attached, do you mean create a link to the PDF? Do you have .Mac?

To do that, save your PDF in your Sites folder in your iDisk. You can then link to it with a URL something like: http://homepage.mac.com/yourscreenname/Sites/nameofpdf.pdf Of course this is not an actual link. This gives you a viewable PDF.

You can use the Inspector to create a link to it as an external page (viewable) or you can use it to create a link to a file (actual PDF).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jamie,

Jamie

Posts: 554 | Location: West Bloomfield | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Jamie
posted Hide Post
OK, so I was wrong. Using the first method, you can also download the file by holding the Option key. Both ways are pretty much the same.

You can also create a link to automatically download the file. I used that on this site: http://aodreamwest08.org for the brochure and registration form.

Jamie

Posts: 554 | Location: West Bloomfield | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
Thanks I"ll give it a shot,,I have .Mac,,,so wish me luck

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
by the way nice website
how did you do the little boxes? Quite cute

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Jamie
posted Hide Post
To make the boxes, simply make a Shape, highlight it and in the Inspector use the Graphic menu. Under Stroke, choose Picture Frame. There are several and you can change the thickness and color. I just picked one that looked Western and used an appropriate fill color.

Have fun. Let me know if you have any trouble.

quote:
Originally posted by janp:
by the way nice website
how did you do the little boxes? Quite cute

Jamie

Poobah
posted Hide Post
A change in subject, but wondering:
Has anybody had any experience with the program Rapidweaver? ($49)

Adobe has announced they are not continuing GoLive. They're offering Dreamweaver upgrades for $199 to GL users, but I shudder at having to learn another daunting program for a relatively simple site.

http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/

Don't have iWeb, and the other apps in iLife 08 are getting dreadful comments. Is it worth it for iWeb only? Can iWeb sites be uploaded now to other hosting services? - Mine is much cheaper than .mac, and has served me well for quite a few years.

Posts: 2074 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
posted Hide Post
Jamie - "Amen" to compliments on your aodreamwest08 site. Just great!