Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    iLife 07?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iLife 07?
 Login/Register

posted
Hello everyone,

I'm brand new to the board and have to pose this question.

Like most of you, I was a little surprised that a new iLife suite was not announced at Macworld. Now, do think the main reason for the lack of announcement is 1. not to pull any attention from the iphone or 2. the highly anticipated iDVD HD is not ready because of the lack of Blu-Ray burner and/or Leopard intensive?

Thanks,

Steve

Posts: 5 | Location: Harper Woods | Registered: January 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Probably to avoid conflict with iPhone. Of course, it may not be ready yet either.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
My guess is that iLife '07 wasn't ready yet AND Steve didn't want to take away from the iPhone announcement. I also think that Apple will announce Blu-ray drives by Spring. No need brining out iDVD HD if there are no drives to burn high-def DVDs on. We may even seen an external drive branded by Apple as I think other than Mac Pro customers, it would be too expensive of an option to build in and make standard on all Macs. However, Apple has surprised me before. So we'll see.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6154 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post