Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    iWeb Pages
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iWeb Pages
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Linda
posted
All,

In iWeb, to publish pages go File>publish to .Mac OR Publish all to .Mac OR publish to Folder.

I know what the "publish to folder" means but can anyone explain the other two? I thought it gave you the option or choice of publishing one or all pages at once.

After testing out the various single pages, single sites, multi pages... they appear to both do the exact same thing.

Am I missing something?

Linda

If you’re not completely appalled, you’re not paying attention.

Posts: 602 | Location: Birmingham, MI USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Publish only sends the changed pages. Publish all resends all the pages to .Mac (in case something got out of sync).

If your pages aren't out of sync, the only difference you would see is in transfer time.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Linda
posted Hide Post
Darn, I was hoping for the opposite. Whatever page I'm working on (highlighted) that it would only publish THAT change, even if I changed other sites and/or pages.

Also, that explains why I "see" it scrolling through the various pages.... it's checking for changes. Duh.

Thanks.

Linda

If you’re not completely appalled, you’re not paying attention.

Posts: 602 | Location: Birmingham, MI USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post