Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    Address Book dropping information at random
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Address Book dropping information at random
 Login/Register

Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted
Is it just me, or does anyone else have a problem with Address Book dropping pieces of information at random? This has been going on with me for a few months now. I'm pretty sure that it has to do with the variety of things/apps that I sync with, but it is annoying nonetheless. Here's what happens: I'll go to call a friend and notice that all of a sudden their cell phone number is no longer in their contact/card in Address Book. Or I'll go to email someone only to find out that there email address is gone. Usually all the other info is intact. Just pieces of info disappear! Usually it's a phone number or an email address. It just happened a few minutes ago when I went to email a group that I have set up and Mail warned that one of the contacts (who I email all the time) didn't have an email address. Sure enough when I went to Address Book and looked at her contact info, everything was there except the email address.

I sync to Entourage (using Sync services), .Mac, my RAZR (using iSync) and my Treo 650 (using The Missing Sync - usually I let Address Book completely override the Treo).

By the way, it's never happened to the same contact twice.

Does this happen to any of you?

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6154 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
I've had this happen - it seems to have to so with the number of Macs syncing and luck. I now save off my address book frequently and every three or four months I wind up forcing a full reset on .Mac from one of my machines.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post