MacGroup iBBS
Iphoto/ipad glitch

This topic can be found at:
http://macgroup.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/550605544/m/4547055226

July 24, 2012, 09:24 PM
janp
Iphoto/ipad glitch
I had this problem occur before with an iPhone.Now it's back with a new iPad. I set up an album and some of the pics are sideways. So I rotate them. i then sync my iPad. When I look at them on the iPad the pics that were rotated are back sideways again.
Of course I just love flipping the iPad to show mountain ranges on the slideshow!
July 25, 2012, 09:56 PM
janp
I checked the rotation of the same album on the iPhone and the same re rotation occurs
July 26, 2012, 08:05 AM
Brian Stone
Did you upload the pictures in the desired orientation?

When you worked on the pictures originally before the upload were they saved in the desired orientation?

What program was used on the pictures before being loaded onto the iPhone or iPad?
July 26, 2012, 10:29 PM
janp
So I resorted to calling Apple. They said it's an inherent glitch in the "system" BUUUTTTT purchasing iphoto for I OS, you can fix those disoriented pics. Kinda big pain in the arss!
Then, I think, you have to do it all over if you want those pics rotated on the iPhone
July 30, 2012, 01:51 PM
Steven Klein
quote:
Originally posted by janp:
Then, I think, you have to do it all over if you want those pics rotated on the iPhone

Your confusing changing you how you view a photo with editing the photo.

You can change the rotation of any photo while you are viewing it, but that doesn't change the saved version of the photo.

What you need to do is to EDIT the photo so that the rotated version gets saved.

This isn't a glitch or a bug. This is the way it's supposed to work.

--
Steven Klein Computer Service
Apple & A+ Certified
Your Mac, PC & Network Expert
Phone: (248) YOUR-MAC
or (248) 968-7622
July 31, 2012, 10:07 PM
janp
That's why they pay you the big bucks Steve!
never dawned on me , I thought you rotate you save automatically!