Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    whats your iphoto organizational scheme?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

whats your iphoto organizational scheme?
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
posted
I'm curious what organizational schemes people prefer in iphoto.

Faces, Places, Keywords, Events, Albums (with folders), Description, Date/Time are all useful tools. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? I want to be able to search the following questions...

who: faces, keywords, descriptions, albums
where: places
when: time/date metadata (adjusted in original also), event
what: description, keyword
how? why?

disadvantages: not exportable - faces, descriptions?
no subfolders - keywords, faces corkboard, (albums have advantage of subfolders)
time consuming to set up - faces

What are advantages of each? Are all things searchable?
I like that descriptions get transferred out into iweb galleries, but they arent included when i export.

Anyone willing to discuss their iphoto plan and their rationale?

thanks

Posts: 626 | Location: Farmington Hills, MI | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
What modification in iphoto cause the file to be duplicated and placed into the "modifed" folder. I'm curious because Reunion family tree software will link to iphoto, but does not update the modifications. It appears that adding description data and keywords does not modify the actual picture, yet the changed descriptions dont get updated in reunion.

(I've decided that I'm ok with replying to my own posts... )

Posts: 626 | Location: Farmington Hills, MI | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
Just so you know, I, for one, am interested in your topic and answers. I just don't have any answers for you myself.

Posts: 2269 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
thanks.. if I figure anything out.. I'll post it!

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
That's appreciated. Sure, it would be great if someone jumped in with the answer, because there are others of us also wondering what it is!

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post