Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    Mail keeps on asking for password, over and over and over
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mail keeps on asking for password, over and over and over
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Scott
posted
I use the Mac "Mail" application on both my G5 at home and at work to access my sbc/yahoo mail account. Well for about a week or so now, Mail keeps prompting me for my password (see pic). I enter it, and it works for a while, then later on, it will ask me again. It does this all the time now and I can't figure out what's going on. Any ideas?

"Where's the RAM."

Posts: 173 | Location: Detroit | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
I'd bet that the mail server is just slow. You'll get that message when the connection times out. I've run into it when RoadRunner's servers have had overload problems.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3781 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Robert
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the explanation, Phyllis. I've had the same problem. What puzzled me was that occasionally in exasperation I would just hit the Cancel button and more often than not Mail would just download the mail without asking for the password again... now I understand why.

Posts: 180 | Location: Farmington Hills, MI, USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted Hide Post
I had thought it was just a "phishing" method. I'd "cancel" it until it stopped popping up. Doh!

- One Nation Under A Groove -

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post