Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    iTunes Plus' Speed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iTunes Plus' Speed
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted
Anyone notice a lag when changing songs, or just use in general?

- One Nation Under A Groove -

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
What is itunes plus..? Ive just been clicking "no" when it asks me if I want to download my songs in that format. Is there a disadvantage? Can I still burn them to disks as aiff music?
I know that I have no intention of converting almost 3000 songs at 30 cents a song to the new format, but should I be using the new format for new songs that I purchase from itunes?

Posts: 626 | Location: Farmington Hills, MI | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
iTunes Plus songs are DRM Free. So that means you can play them on any device/computer that can play AAC format. You're not restricted to the current 5 computer limit and only playing on an iPod. Everything else you currently do can be done with these such as burning to a CD, using in your iMovie projects, etc. can be done with these songs too. They are also at a higher quality/bit rate 256kbs as opposed to 128kbs. If these things are important to you, then you should buy your new songs in that format.

As far as your 3,000 songs are concerned, unless they're all from the EMI music catalog, then there are probably only a handful that can be upgraded anyway. Out of my 4,500+ songs/videos only 71 were from MEI's catalog and it cost me $14 and change to upgrade them.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6154 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post