Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    HOW CAN I UNZIP A PREMATURELY TRUNCATED .ZIP FOLDER
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HOW CAN I UNZIP A PREMATURELY TRUNCATED .ZIP FOLDER
 Login/Register

iBBS Addict
Picture of Carol Goodell
posted
Hi, I was in the midst of compressing a large folder of images when I decided it was going to take too long. I clicked on the little x in the circle to stop compressing the file. Now I seem t have lost use of most or all of the images because I can't open the .zip folder (or file?). When I double click on the file I get this error message (see attachment).

Hoping your reply is encouraging,

Carol

Posts: 1580 | Location: Bingham Farms, MI, USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Carol:

The "original" images should be just fine as Zip programs do not mess with the original and just "copy" the information into the archive.

Can you find the originals and test them to make sure they are okay?

I know you use Time Machine and CCC so you should also have a backup there. Check those also.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post