Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    iPhoto 5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhoto 5
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Elaine
posted
Ihave everybody's photos from a family reunion and want to burn discs to give everybody a copy of the clan.

I am the only MAC person and yet the photos open on the MAC in jpeg icons instead of previews which means you have to open each icon to see who I am looking at.

On the PC each photo appears in tiny photos so you can see who you are clicking on.

What am I doing wrong? I even saved each individual photo through Photoshop 7 in jpeg and get the same results.

Posts: 456 | Location: Dearborn Heights | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Linda
posted Hide Post
Hi Elaine,

You posted this under iLife, iPhoto 05. So I'm not sure of your question.

Are you NOT getting a thumbnail in while viewing pictures in iPhoto?

or

Are you trying to view pictures in a file (folder) and you are only seeing a generic icon rather than a small icon preview? Forcing you to double click on this icon to open it in the Preview app?

If the second one is what you looking to fix: While in the Finder>view>show view options>check "show icon preview". You can change the size of the icon. You can even do a slideshow right from Finder. Great way to do a quick show.

If it's the first question, you may want to rebuild your library.

Linda

If you’re not completely appalled, you’re not paying attention.

Posts: 602 | Location: Birmingham, MI USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Elaine
posted Hide Post
I want to burn the photos to a disk. Then I will go on to make a slide show.
This is the problem. On the PC you can see tiny images on the disk but on the MAC I only see jpeg icons which I have to click on to open the picture one at a time. Everytime(forever)I save photos to a disk I get jpeg icons instead of preview photos.

It is a pain to click on the icon to see what photo is on it and yet on the PC you can see a photo. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

In the past I burned a disk of my nieces wedding.
The photos showed up as jpeg icons which means you have to open each photo one at a time.
Now I made the same mistake with our family reunion. I have been gathering everybody's photos and burned them to a disk. I got 137 jpeg icons and yet on the PC they open in tiny photos........Elaine
Sorry for not explaining earlier

Posts: 456 | Location: Dearborn Heights | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Why don't you make the slideshow in iPhoto and then send it to iDVD to burn to a CD?

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Elaine
posted Hide Post
After I collect everybody's photo I plan on making a slide show on a DVD but in the meantime I cannot figure out why I burn some photos on a CD and they appear as jpeg icons instead of photo previews.
Say for instance, I give some photos to my sister for her library. Every disk I burn is in the icons. This is what I am doing wrong. I want minature previews which is better to see.

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Linda
posted Hide Post
Elaine,

Follow my insructions to "show icon preview" and make sure you apply this to ALL windows (at the top) OR I'[m still not understanding what you need.

Linda

Posts: 602 | Location: Birmingham, MI USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Elaine
posted Hide Post
Thank You Linda,

You soived "icon" problem. I am up to 254 family reunion photos and growing. I will make Dvd's.

Not only that but I can reburn my neice's wedding so she can take them to Adray's for extra prints.
It was annoying to click on one icon at a time to see each picture.

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Linda
posted Hide Post
Elaine,

Glad I could help.

Linda