Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    iWeb 08.... is it possible to add a new page
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iWeb 08.... is it possible to add a new page
 Login/Register

Padawan
Picture of redcorvette
posted
I created a website using iWeb08 for a place that my old high school classmates could re-connect and possibly organize a reunion. I went this route to take advantage of my .Mac account, no need to spend additional money for a webhost, and the ease of use of the software. Design went well until I decided to get fancy. I created a page in html code so that I could get classmates to fill out a form on a webpage and have the info emailed to me. The plan is to then to post with their permission, a current photo and info about them so other classmates can re-connect.
Problem is I can't figure out a way to import the form page into iWeb to include it as a page on the site. Is this possible and how?
Thanks, Mike

Posts: 41 | Registered: July 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Jamie
posted Hide Post
You might be able to post the page with your homepage account and link to it from your iWeb site. I have done this, but it did not have data collection.

Jamie

Posts: 554 | Location: West Bloomfield | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
Picture of redcorvette
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply Jamie. I found out that in iWeb 08 to do what I wanted to do, you pick the Web Widget, paste the html code into it and it creates the page. It worked perfectly. The ease of use, its simplicity, is just another example of the beauty of Apples software and the Mac. Thanks again

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Jamie
posted Hide Post
How did you construct the data page? What program? Does it automatically email the data? I'd consider doing something similar myself.

Jamie

Posts: 554 | Location: West Bloomfield | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
Picture of redcorvette
posted Hide Post
Please reply privately at

redcorvette@mac.com and I will fill you in on details. If this is something worth posting here after, then I can do that.

Mike

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
I think several folks here would be interested in how you did this. I would.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
Picture of redcorvette
posted Hide Post
OK glad to do that.
I created a wesite for my old High School class to have a place for lost friends to reconnect and I did it thru iWeb08 and my .Mac account. I wanted to have a way to have a classmate send me infomation that I could use to set up a page for them to share with others and tried to html code a page with help from Google searches and then I came across

http://www.emailmeform.com/ which creates the code for you for free with some limitations but without having advertisement plastered all over the page which is awesome. It takes the limitations off with a paid upgrade but may not be necessary if you are not expecting a lot per month.

It creates the html code after you go thru the set up wizard which you can then copy and paste into iWeb08’s Web Widget and publish to .Mac or your private domain which is now possible.

I would love to send you to the link to my .Mac site but can’t afford to send anyone else there do to my monthly limit for the form if I intend to send it out to my current known classmates for them to respond this month. Sorry!!!

Hope this helps. Mike

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Could you zip up the HTML code for the page and put it here as an attachment?

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
It would be a nice meeting topic where people offer their websites secrets with Iweb. Many of us volunteer our "expertise" to clubs and organizations. There are a few members who have done spectacular work on Iweb!

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
Picture of redcorvette
posted Hide Post
I did this once but for some reason it did not show up on the list. Wondered why no one responded about the html zip file

This message has been edited. Last edited by: redcorvette,

Zip/GZ archiveTheCode_2.zip (2 Kb, 9 downloads)

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Ah, I see now - the form is posted to a 3rd-party server (the guys who gen up the code) for processing.

You might want to edit your post, and re-upload the code, after taking out some info on the FORM tag (like the stuff that looks like it's some sort of link/password to your account).

===

Jedi Knight
Picture of Kirk Tirakian
posted Hide Post
RedCorvette thanks for the tip on this website.

I'm never "lost" cause I always know where "I" am. I just may not know where anything else is or how to get there.

Posts: 405 | Location: Roseville, Michigan | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
Picture of redcorvette
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jack, for the tip about the file. Will edit the code and repost.

Mike