Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    help I changed my iphoto library name now no photos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help I changed my iphoto library name now no photos
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
help I changed my iphoto library name and no more photos. too funny maybe I just solved my backup problem. any ways is there a way to get the photos back? It made a new file automatically and left one saying "iphoto library" the other I named "iphoto library 09". Both have no photos in them.
Help Kelly

Posts: 360 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Ok I delete the one named iphoto library (this is the new one that was created)
I got rid of the 09 I put on the original file and relaunched iphoto and they were Back. YES.
Im still not sure how to change the name of a library but will keep looking for info.

Posts: 360 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Linda
posted Hide Post
Why are you trying to change the name? To have two libraries?

Linda

If you’re not completely appalled, you’re not paying attention.

Posts: 602 | Location: Birmingham, MI USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
I wanted to start a new library for the new year and dump the old. I take a lot of photos and wanted them off my drive.

Jedi Knight
Picture of Junebug Clark
posted Hide Post
go to version tracker and download "iphoto library manager"

I've used it for years. It will do what you are trying to di....

Junebug Clark / Denton, TX
pictures that tell a story

Posts: 330 | Location: Denton, TX- USA | Registered: July 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post