Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    imovie, DVD question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

imovie, DVD question
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
posted
Since the latest release of ilife came out, I'm wondering if the themes in imovie work in tandem with iDVD. Should one use the themes in imovie when puting together a slide show for use with iDVD, or are the themes used solely in imovie? If used, how does that affect the use of themes in iDVD?

Posts: 832 | Location: PA | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
While the themes share a common look and feel, the two apps still remain separate. So the choice is up to you as to whether you create your slideshow in one vs. the other.

That being said, you'll have more flexibility in iMovie than you will in iDVD. iDVD slideshows are limited to the DVD spec. iMovie slideshows are actually movie files and have less limitations.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6154 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
In the past, I've created my slide show in imovie, then opened it in iDVD to burn it to a DVD. I'm assuming that is still the course of action I need to take. From what you've said, I'm thinking I should now use the imovie themes in producing my slideshow, then export it to iDVD. Is this the preferred method? And if so, does it matter when I choose a theme (before importing my photos or after) in imovie?

Posts: 832 | Location: PA | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
Picking a theme in iMovie just brings up a series of placeholders for you to drop your photos/movies into. So it would make sense to bring in the photos FIRST before starting to layout your slideshow. Other than that, nothing else has changed in your workflow.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6154 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post