Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    Slow I web
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slow I web
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted
I am very happy with my Iweb site but members of the club have told me that the pictures are taking longer cue up.....does Iweb reduce the size of a picture before it adds it to the website?

What can I do to speed things up?

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
Best practice is to use a tool like Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, open your photo/image and choose Save for Web under the file menu. This way you are in complete control over the size of the images before you put them in iWeb.

iWeb 1.1/1.1.1 was designed to be the update that streamlines graphics better. You may have to republish your entire site for it to do this optimization.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6154 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Jamie
posted Hide Post
Here are four easy slimming techniques:

Limit Special Effects Drop shadows and reflections will increase an image’s file size—as will rotating a picture. Use these effects very sparingly, if at all.

Avoid Image Masks When you create a mask to crop your photo, a Web browser must still download the entire image. Instead, crop out unwanted parts in an image editor such as iPhoto before importing the photo into iWeb.

Stick with the Default Font iWeb has an annoying tendency to turn styled text into images. This not only increases your page’s file size, but also creates other problems in browsers. To play it safe, stick with the fonts Apple supplies for each template.

Compress Video Video files tend to be massive. Before you drag a movie into iWeb, make sure you’ve compressed it in iMovie HD.

Full Article

Jamie

Posts: 554 | Location: West Bloomfield | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post