Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    I web glitch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I web glitch
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted
As I open iweb to make changes to a website everything works fine until I try to open a certain page. I web then crashes. If I try to delete this page it of course crashes before I can hit delete.

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
any workarounds that I can do to delete the offending page without crashing the program??

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
what's strange is that on the web it works fine

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
Apple Tech solved the issue. After ridding preferences and caches it still crashed. So the next easiest thing was create a new site and drag the pages that I wanted right down to the new page. I never touched the crashing page. I then went to the web and opened the website and drag what I could from the crasher page to the desktop.
THEN I deleted the old site which took a few minutes. I then renamed the new site to the old name. Saved it and published it to the web.

iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
janp,

The same procedure - new document and copy contents from old - is standard practice with corrupt Microsoft Word documents.

The technique may well work with other applications. I regularly fix tif images that don't work properly in iPhoto by editing (in Photoshop) and doing a "Save As..." to overwrite the original, effectively replacing the "allegedly bad" contents.

Posts: 1989 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
thanks for the hint