MacGroup iBBS
iCal Question

This topic can be found at:
http://macgroup.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/550605544/m/716100753

January 30, 2010, 10:12 PM
George Little
iCal Question
Just watched Terry's tips from the January MacGroup meeting and I think I learned why I can't edit events on line in Mobile Me. I must not be properly subscribed. I don't show any subscription to anything except Holidays and MacGroup. How do I get subscribed to my personal calendars? I have 3 Macs and my Mobile Me account to deal with.

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.
January 31, 2010, 10:09 AM
Linda
Not sure of your question. You don't subscribe to your own calendars. You own them, you subscribe to others. With the exception of "birthdays", sort of. You own that calendar but the events come from the AddressBook, so they are subscribed. Can't edit Birthdays in iCal, they must be changed in the AddressBook.

So your personal calendars don't show on MM? You need to publish them. If you want to publish more than one, make a group.

Linda

If you’re not completely appalled, you’re not paying attention.
January 31, 2010, 10:49 AM
George Little
Thanks Linda, I guess it's not clear what I'm trying to say. Let's try this- When I go to MM my personal calendar is there and any entries that I make from any of my 3 Macs are there. Now- if I try to edit any of the events while on MM, I can only edit maybe 1 or 2 of them. I double click the event in the calendar on MM and 90% of the time the edit dialogue box does not open, then when I move the cursor to the next date the event I was trying to open and edit moves with the cursor. I showed this to the people at the Apple store in Novi and they could not believe it. Let's put it another way, I went to the Apple store in Novi for a MM class and while using their computer I logged into my MM account and showed the instructor what was happening and he had no idea what would cause it. He recommended that a Genius appointment be made. This isn't somthing that just started happening, it has never worked properly which makes me think I don't have it set up correctly.

January 31, 2010, 11:25 AM
Jack Beckman
It's not you. MobileMe calendars are screwed up. I have this problem, as does at least one other MacGroup member, who is working with Apple support to figure out why.

Bottom line - don't rely on the web-based calendar for editing. The only reliable methods are from Macs and iPhones/iPod Touches right now.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

January 31, 2010, 11:45 AM
Donna
I agree about not using the web-based interface to make changes. I find my iPod Touch to be the fastest to update all my computers via MobileMe. Even faster and dependable than doing it from any of my desktops or laptop. and it is always accurate.
January 31, 2010, 11:45 AM
George Little
Thanks Mr. B. Let me know if you find out anything.