Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    iPhoto shared library
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhoto shared library
 Login/Register

posted
Can we share iPhoto pictures between 2 users on the same iMac? Asked at the Apple store, were told to put library in Shared folder under Users. Works for the profile with the original library, but not for the user trying to get to the shared library. message says that the folder or disk is locked. This is not the case. Frustrating. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Posts: 19 | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
You need to go to the System Preferences > Sharing, enable File Sharing, then add the other User account and give it Read/Write privileges.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3781 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
Question: I assume you mean login to the Admin account, choose Sharing:Personal File Sharing? then, would that let the other user on this same machine, even if that user did not have Admin privileges, see the shared folder? I've shared from another machine, but not with another user, via the Shared folder.

Posts: 2302 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
You'd give privileges from the account hosting the folder. When you enable file sharing the default is read only. You have to toggle to give read/write access.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3781 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Problem resolved thanks.

Posts: 19 | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post