Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    iTunes 11 Music and Playlists
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iTunes 11 Music and Playlists
 Login/Register

Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted
Am I just blind or is there just no way to see your songs AND your playlists at the same time in iTunes 11?

For example, I've always been able to have my playlists listed down the left side and then simply drag the songs I want into the playlists I want. When I'm in Playlists I can see my Purchased songs, but not ALL songs. As a hack I could make a smart playlist that includes everything and then drag from there, but it seems kinda dumb to have to do that. What am I missing?

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6153 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
Never mind! I found the "Show Sidebar" command in the View menu. I'm happy again.

----

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6153 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
View: Show Sidebar

Posts: 2302 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
I'm hesitant to download the latest itunes. I'm hearing some complaints from users wishing that they could go back to the "old" version once they have updated. Is this just a change that takes some getting used to or are people really disliking the new itunes version?

Posts: 626 | Location: Farmington Hills, MI | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
People are really disliking the new iTunes because they removed some features. The 1st to go was the Find Duplicates feature, but that came back in the latest update. Still missing is the DJ feature. It's been replaced with an Up Next feature that doesn't provide the same functionality. Also the sidebar was off by default and I thought it was gone. I was really hating it before I found it in the new version and turned it back on. Now I don't mind it so much and I use it pretty much like the old version. That begs the question: what did iTunes 11 really give us? I don't see anything (that I use) that's worth the update.

----