Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    Authorized computers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Authorized computers
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted
i tried to purchase a song this evening when a pop up explained that my account has 5 authorized computers. OK I own 4 ,,which means that there are 2 computers somewhere that are authorized under my account. What do I do to find these and deauthorize them?

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
Check this page for all things about authorization:
<http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store/authorization/>

Posts: 2302 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
Thanks...wonder who my kids let have our authorization....

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Hanna
posted Hide Post
Via iTunes, you can log into your account and there will be a button "Deauthorize" in the account page. This will deauthorize all machines and then you can start over.

I haven't done it but know about it.

http://www.hannafoto.com

"I'm only here for the cookies"

Posts: 162 | Location: Northville, MI | Registered: April 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
Likely possible scenario:
You have something on your computer they wanted to share. It is protected. Your kid saved it out to CD or DVD and passed it on to a friend. In order to play it in iTunes on that computer, that computer had to sign in as "you". Therefore, your kid had to give him/her your user name and PW.

e.g. I had a downloaded TV show where I had bought the whole season. I wanted my daughter to be able to view it. I did a DVD backup of the 15 shows. I sent it to her. In order for her to view on her computer she had to sign in as me and authorize that computer on my account. Then when she was done, she simply de-authorized that computer. I only have 4 computers authorized at the present time, so I could have allowed her computer to stay authorized, but I preferred to keep one open for myself.

If this scenario seems to fit, you could ask your kid to get the other computer user to de-authorize from your account. However, it is quite simple to deauthorize ALL computers (you can do it only once per year though) and then authorize your own one-by-one.

Posts: 2302 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post