Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    Photo-new issue with my pictures-
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photo-new issue with my pictures-
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
posted
I just purchased a new iPhone 6s and noticed some issues when I import pictures to Photos. I used to be able to drag a picture from the album onto my desktop. I can no longer drag and drop any of my pictures from Photo. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that some of my iphone pictures are .m4v files? This happens to be a new feature that my previous 4s did not have (to record 2 sec. video while it takes a picture).

I tried to rebuild/repair Photo but that didn't seem to help. Can someone please help me figure out how to drag over pictures from photo?

Thank you for any help!

Natalie

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Did the photos actually download from the iPhone or are they possibly just on the cloud server? I have a 6, and just tested it. Connected it to the computer, opened Photos, selected iPhone, selected the photos and a fresh video, told it to import and it did. All files drag to the desktop without a problem.

When all else fails, reboot the iPhone and the computer and try again.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3769 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
posted Hide Post
yes- all photos downloaded, but for some reason, when I try to drag my photos onto my desktop they do not drag over. I think it has something to do with the LIVE feature when taking a picture with the iphone?

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
My iPhone is only a 6, so I don't have live photo. If that is indeed the problem, you can disable it in Settings. I think I'd test it out.

Have you tried using the Export command in Photos? That may give you the option to flatten the photo.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3769 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
posted Hide Post
I did disable it in my phone, but that still doesn't fix my issue with Photos on my computer.Gosh I miss iPhoto.