Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    DVD movie bypasses the main menu screen
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DVD movie bypasses the main menu screen
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
posted
I just created my first DVD using iDVD. I imported the movie from iMovie. The newly created DVD movie starts playing instantly when I insert it in a DVD player bypassing the main menu screen.

How can I get it to open onto the main menu screen rather than starting the movie, and let me decide when to start the movie? I'm using an iMac OS 10.5.7., iLife suite 09. All software is up to date.

thanks, Rick

Posts: 621 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
Depends on how you created the iDVD project, but generally you can:

Open the project in iDVD.
Switch to Map view (View:Show Map or the left of the three buttons under the middle of the window just to the left of the volume slider)

The top (or leftmost) box should be gray with "Drag content here to automatically play when the disk is inserted." If not, remove contents from that box to make it so.

Posts: 1989 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
I'd bet a dollar (only because I did this once myself) that you dragged your movie into the initial/first play area of the project. This means that your movie plays first and then goes to the main menu. So if you bring up the map for your project, you can then delete that first play movie and the DVD will then go to the menu first.

quote:
Originally posted by Rick:
I just created my first DVD using iDVD. I imported the movie from iMovie. The newly created DVD movie starts playing instantly when I insert it in a DVD player bypassing the main menu screen.

How can I get it to open onto the main menu screen rather than starting the movie, and let me decide when to start the movie? I'm using an iMac OS 10.5.7., iLife suite 09. All software is up to date.

thanks, Rick

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6154 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post